Madhusudan Naidu takes us to a few instances where Swami speaks about the mortal body.


Here we see Swami's teaching at his best. With ease he expounds the most Divine of teachings quoting examples that even small children can comprehend. Swami compares the body to a car. An attachment to the body pulls down the mind and ties the soul to the world. He tells us of his ability to be detached from the body and asks us to follow suit. Madhusudan Naidu realises that even his body is getting older and contemplates on the long road ahead that he has to journey through. We are not called by God not to be enslaved by the body.

As an elderly devotee suffering with body aches, rose to pray to Swami during Darshan that he be cured of his pains, Swami smiled and said, “Old car Sir! Maintenance issues.”madhusudan naidu

Then He turned towards the boys and said, “Body is the car, Mind is the driver, Atma is the Master who travels. While the car is still new, cover as much distance as possible, for once it gets old, it will not move fast. Therefore, I say, start early, drive slowly and reach safely.”
I was reminded of what Swami told during the inaugural address of ‘Centre for Human Excellence’ for Boys in madhusudan naidu Muddenahalli. “My body had become too weak and old, so I gave up the old car for a new one as I do not have any attachment to the body. Now I can travel much faster. The path and the goal remain the same, the vehicle alone has changed. You can also give up the old car if you wish, but you won’t, as you are attached to the body.”

That set me thinking that my car is definitely getting older by the day, my driver at times does not listen to me and wastes the fuel riding on the wrong roads and still I have a long distance to cover. In Robert Frost’s word, ‘Woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.’ madhusudan naidu Muddenahalli



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Madhusudan Naidu shares an incident where Swami's trust in His devotees is made evident.

Madhusudan Naidu narrates an instance which shows Swami's joy regarding the 'Children for Sai.'

Madhusudan Naidu takes us to an incident where Swami reveals the benefits of offerings.